Thursday, July 3, 2008

And we're HOME, and then we're OFF again...

So, we got home Tuesday night at 10:30 from Tennessee....

I have the most wonderful brother that God ever created... We had the most splendid cabin in the Smoky Mountains, the best food, the most laughs, and the greatest thrills... all paid for by my very AFFLUENT sibling. Ain't life grand sometimes?

I haven't had time to transfer pictures yet, so go here if you want to see our cabin... It was completely awesome.
_______________________________________

Today we are off again, this time to Maryland, to spend a couple of days with my niece Amy. I'm depending on Amy to get us to D.C. tomorrow night (AGAIN I will say, "who, by all that is HOLY and RIGHT, leaves the country from DULLES airport on JULY 4th?).

Yes, Thing 1 leaves us for a month to travel halfway across the world to Germany. My heart is sad and hurt-y... I am happy and excited for her, this is a chance of a lifetime, but at the same time, I'm terrified to turn my baby loose in a foreign country for a month. Jesus, take the wheel...
______________________________________

The rest of the summer is already locked in for Thing 2. Bless her tiny little pea-pickin' heart, she will be babysitting till school starts, along with a full day, EVERY DAY, of band starting the 29th of July... Had it not been for Uncle Mitch, Thing 2's summer would have been interminable, boring, and completely UN-vacation-y. Thank you, thank you, Mitchell and Kate. Just in case I never say it enough, I am blessed with untold riches to have you in my life.
______________________________________

Just a small note about my previous post and the comments subsequently left by you:

I appreciate, in ways I will never be able to articulate, each and every one of you. To have even one friend who cares about you makes you rich. I feel like a billionaire...

Having said that, let me say this: my mother told me once, "You choose the life that you live. And if it doesn't suit you, there are two things you can do about it: you can accept it, and live it, the best way you can; or, you can change it. If you choose to accept it, then accept it and shut up about it. People get tired of hearing it, and of watching you wallow in self-pity and inaction."

I was notoriously gifted for completely misunderstanding, ignoring and blowing off her advice, but my mother was a very wise woman.

I apologize for dumping my shit in your laps.

Enough said.
_____________________________________

I will leave you with this conversation with Mitch, in Pigeon Forge, TN:

Mitch: Hey, did you see that pottery girl's hands, how strong they were?

Me: Ummm, I didn't notice so much.

Mitch: I bet she could grab hold of a man and just.... (jerking his fist)

Me: Jesus Christ, you're a nasty motherfucker...

Mitch: I loves me some pottery girls...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That cabin looked beautiful!!!! You are so lucky! Was that place crowded? One thing about Gatinlburg and Pigeon Forge, it's always so PACKED!

So your daugher is going to Germany? Alone??? For a month? What is THAT all about????

Ya know, blogs are really good for dumping all your problems in people's laps. We don't know you. We know what you tell us. We, for some reason, CARE about how you are treated and try to make you feel better, tell you what you SHOULD or SHOULDN'T do, because that's what blog friends do. Don't ever apologize for dumping your problems in your laps. WHO ELSE are you going to dump them on? And besides, doesn't it make you feel better that you can say whatever you want, and we still come back to read??? That should tell you something right there!

Burfica said...

Yeah what Bina said.

Sounds like you had tons of fun, and that Thing 1 is going to have a good time too.

Poor mitch if he met a girl that was any stronger than a pottery girl, he would be in some trouble. hahahahahaha

baseballmom said...

I agree with the ladies above~we love ya MissAnn, and will never tire of hearing how you feel. Mitch, what can I say...I shoulda met someone like you at least once in my life...you make me laugh!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hoo boy, send me any leftover pottery girls Mitch ditches.

MARFSBABY said...

A wise wise woman your mother was my friend. Pretty simple words sum it ALL right up. When you get to a fork in the road you can go left or you can go right. If you end up making the wrong one and you know it, you can keep on but better just live with that decision or you can turn around and go back and shimmy up the right one. Easier said than done... but really, it shouldn't be.